Custom Reports

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue May 5 06:43:45 EDT 2015

On Tue 5 May 15 08:02:10 Jill Terry wrote:
> Thanks Maf - log-in?   I don't have a log-in, I just open the
> appropriate gnucash file.
>
> OH (penny drop) - do you mean WINDOWS login?   oh blimey, I don't have
> the time, patience or memory to have to keep logging in and out all the
> time just for one program!
>
> That is a great shame and a big drawback that the custom reports are not
> kept separate for each file :(
>
> I have 20 reports for the club at the moment, I want some for my
> personal file and I am just about to put my business accounts on GnuCash
> as well - that's gonna be a mighty long list of custom reports to scroll
> through :(
>
> Cheers

HI Jill,

Totally understand about the hassle of multiple user profiles / logins.  I
agree that it would be better if the saved report definitions could be stored
in the data file in some way.

But if you have a long list of saved/customised reports, then prefixing each
with a P or B for personal or business should at least allow them to be
grouped together in the list (ie all the B-Foo* before all the P-Foo*) which,
IMHO, isn't *too* bad for usability?

Maf.