Can't Open on MAC

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 6 20:47:50 EDT 2015

> On May 6, 2015, at 9:12 AM, Paul Carini <paulcarini at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Oh Boy!  All that effort to overcome a real dumb move.  Happy to say it is up and, I think, running.  Minding your advice, I went to "help" to read the tutorial.  But I hit another wall.  Got the following alert:
>
> "GnuCash could not find the files for the help documentation. This is likely because the 'gnucash-docs' package is not installed."
>
> I promise I will not bug you with questions, but if you could get me past this hurdle, I will rely on the "help" menu from now on!
>
> Thanks so much again.  Look forward to venturing into the program.

Paul,

Congratulations, you found your first bug!

They are in the application bundle, so you can use the links below:
file:///Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Gnucash Guide/index.html
file:///Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Gnucash Help/index.html

I’ll have to investigate why the menu item isn’t finding them. You can get the docs from http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml, where you can read online or download them in a variety of formats.

Regards,
John Ralls