Getting Started - Encryption

jake togiveout jaketogiveoutemail at gmail.com
Sat May 9 09:12:38 EDT 2015

So I'm making the switch from quicken to this. Had looked at
personalcapital.com and they look nice but I don't like somebody else
having my data.

Can I encrypt the files which store this information? What about switching
types of DB files later from local to mysql?

Also regarding the online items, I was having some trouble setting up bank
import. Does that work?

What about stock price updates? Is there a screen for reports to update all
of my investments?

Sorry they are very basic questions, I had some trouble following
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-help/import-qif.html, the
backups were encrypted.