Unrealized Gains in Balance sheet wildly out of proportion

Jobjörn Folkesson jobjorn at jobjorn.se
Sat May 9 11:46:32 EDT 2015

Hello,

First of all thank you for the software. I often recommend it to local
chapters of the non-profit organisation I work for, and I use it myself
both for my private economy and for smaller non-profit associations whose
books I keep.

With my own money I sometimes travel abroad and thus introduce foreign
currencies to my GnuCash file. This works fine, except for one detail.
According to my balance sheet I have unrealized gains of 6,7 million SEK,
which is more than 20 times more than my total assets. A screenshot is
attached.

I have googled a bit and read part of a discussion on this list from 2008,
but alas I can't understand what is going on. I am running GnuCash 2.6.4 on
Debian stable (jessie), so my copy was built from rev 29bcdf1+ on
2014-11-15. Does anyone know if it is something I can fix?

Regards,
Jobjörn Folkesson