Cannot determine where files are saved.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun May 10 12:13:52 EDT 2015

> On May 10, 2015, at 7:46 AM, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:
>
> When I open Gnucash I get file not found. I have to search for the .gnucash file. Why does it not find and open the last file?
> Thank you.

How are you opening GnuCash and on what operating system?

The “not found” dialog box gives the path that it can’t find. Is that path correct? If not, was it at some point?
After dismissing the dialog box, look at the “recently used” list at the bottom of the File menu. Is the file that it can’t find on the list? Does clicking on it open it?

Regards,
John Ralls