Finding File to reopen Gnucash

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 21:53:00 EDT 2015

On 5/17/2015 6:25 PM, Richard Barmann wrote:
> When I want to open Gnucash it tells me that it cannot file. I open
> File Manager and go to the Gnucash files and find it. Why does it not
> open when I open Gnucash? I click on the file and the drop down gives
> me open with Gnucash. I do that and have my the latest file
> Dick.

You do not mention which operating system you have or where your files
are located, but when you say "File Manager and go to the GnuCash files"
it suggests to me that perhaps you are not on Windows or you did not put
your data file in an easy to find place such as in a subdirectory under
"My Files".  Another possibility is that you put them on a remote
computer that is not always found.  In older versions of windows for
example, I think remote files must be in directories that are mapped to
drive letters.

David C