Gnu Cash v.2.6.5 Difficulties with Cash Flow report not picking up correct expenditure amounts already inputted correctly in the accounts

Miles Baker mcfbaker at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:41:31 EDT 2015

Hi Maf

Thanks for your tips i agree that if you look at the actual intentions of
the transactions rather than trying to figure how to best record them that
makes life easier.

I think that Case 2 is more appropriate.

To help others if there is a lag between when a cost is paid for and
incurred in various currencies in all of my reports (P&L, Balance Sheet and
Cash flow) for the currency tab "price source" I have switched all of them
from "nearest in time" to "weighted average" and this creates consistent
numbers throughout and gets rid of any large unrealized gains and losses in
the balance sheet (which were in my case all due to the timings of the
currency rates).

Cheers

MB

*Miles Baker*