Ofx import

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 23 14:57:11 EDT 2015

> On May 23, 2015, at 11:27 AM, Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a wiki or directions, step by step, for an ofx import.
>
> I can't seem to find it on the site or docs....
>
> I think this is my best option.

Maybe, but it’s pretty straightforward. Just use File>Import>Import OFX/QFX… Pick the file, pick the account to associate with the OFX account id (it will be the same for all imports from that bank and account, so you’ll see that picker only once), and the importer will display the other-account association window. Associate the transactions in yellow, check that the ones in green are correct, and check any red ones to make sure they’re really duplicates. Click “OK”. Done.

If you’re bringing in a lot of history it will be easier if you do so in small chunks to train the other-account association.

Regards,
John Ralls