Gnucash re-posting bill

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 27 04:50:33 EDT 2015

Hi Francis,

On Wednesday 27 May 2015 11:17:09 Chachi Francis wrote:
> helo people.
>
> i am using GnuCash 2.6.5 on Windows 7 and i have noticed at least
> twice that it is re-posting a bill that was already paid.
>
> say i create a bill as accounts payable, it appears under "Business --
> Bills due reminder".
>
> then i pay the bill, and the bill disappears from the "Bills due
> reminder", which is ok.
>
> but miraculously, after some time, say 1 month, the same bill again
> appears under " Bills due reminder".
>
> has anyone experienced this? any ideas? solution/patch?

The only reason I can think of a bill "reappears" under "Bills due
reminder" is if you manually unpost and re-post it.

At that point the link between the bill and any payment is lost. This
behaviour is new in the 2.6.x series. Older versions of gnucash retained
the link to payments even when unposting a bill. This was the source of
several bugs so the behaviour has changed as of gnucash 2.6.0.

You can find a more elaborate explanation and a way to remedy the unpaid
invoices here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Correcting_Business_Transaction_Mistakes#Unposting_and_reposting_a_paid_invoice_loses_its_payment

Does this address your issue ?

Regards,