Change accounts of imported transactions

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 06:56:03 EDT 2015

On 5/28/2015 6:23 PM, Seguinbg wrote:
> I import my credit card items into an aggregate liability account.
> Once imported I'd like to move to the appropriate liability sub-account, my
> charges or my wife's.
> I don't see how to do this from the aggregate account register.
>
> What view is there to do this .
>
> I know it can be done from the allocated expense accounts but that is
> inconvenient
>

> --

Seguinbg,

Actually, you can do that from any register view where you can see the
transaction.  If you choose to do it from the register that will no
longer contain the transaction,  GnuCash will 'think about it" briefly,
then the transaction will disappear from view.  Conversely, you can do
it from the general ledger view, but you will see more clutter there,
because all transactions (for whatever time range is selected) will be
visible.

David C