Problems Running gnuCash in Mint 17.2

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:08:20 EST 2015

On 3 Nov 2015 03:49, "Allan" <allanhasmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> So you are running GC 2.6.1 on Mint 17.2? Cinnamon (64-bit)?
>
> I am running 2.6.8 on cand I've been wondering if I should post about
this. Since upgrading to 2.6.8 from the getdeb archives (from 2.6.1), my
Linux system has been unstable. I have literally pulled the plug enough
times to remind me of the Windows 3.1 days. Often there is a kind of CPU
lock out where the system gets so slow, mouse movements might take several
minutes to update, switch to tty1/console and root login to reboot, takes
several minutes between entries user/pw/reboot.

When it goes slow is the disk activity led flashing continuously? If so
then it is probably swapping to disk due to lack of ram. How much ram have
you got?

Colin