Help : gnucash won't start

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Nov 6 04:35:22 EST 2015

On Thursday 05 November 2015 22:39:57 kevin wrote:
> Hi ! I've been using gnucash for about 8 months now. Recently I had
> problems with my linux desktop. It wasn't starting the GUI . I then
> decided to switch from lightdm to gdm. Therefore , I recovered the GUI
> when I started gnucash I showed the tips window and the splash screen
> but after the splash screen the app suddenly and mysteriously
> stops//. I tried reinstalling it but it changed nothing . Now it
> shows only the splash screen . I Have 7 desktop environments and in
> none of them will gnucash start. I don't want to loose my data , nor
> do I wan't to go back to the painful and deceiving world of windows.
> Did anybody ever face this ? Can someone provide a fix? I took a
> screenshot just in case it can help? Thanks in advance . Regards ,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear gnucash won't start anymore for you.

The screenshot unfortunately doesn't give much information other than that you're using
gnucash version 2.6.4. (We are at 2.6.9 now, which may or may not have a fix for your crash).

To figure out what is really happening, can you post the contents of the gnucash trace file,
please ? This link explains to obtain this file:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

Regards,

Geert