Where does the Vat (Sales Tx) go?

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:15:20 EST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 09:44:24AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> John Whitmore <arigead at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Sorry this is me clutching at straws as I'm sure my problem is local to my
> > configuration. But I'm at that stage where clutcing at straws is all I have
> > left.
> >
> > I've got 2 Vat (sales Tax) rates. Both of these are linked in the Tax Table to
> > the same accout "Liabilities:Vat" My problem is that only one of the rates
> > gets added to that Liabilities account when I process a payment. So one sales
> > tax rate goes into liabilities and one tax rate don't. Like I say both are
> > linked in the tax table to the same account.
> >
> > What don't help is that I can't see where the hell it is going to.
>
> Are you using both tax tables?
> Are you sure the posted split isn't the sum of both taxes?

Don't know what happened, either I got confused or GnuCash did. I think it was
because when I first added the tax table value I associated it with the wrong
account and then edited it. I can't be sure but I deleted that tax table value
and re-added it again this time associating the correct value first time.

I did have to reprocess all my bills but I'm only starting out so not too many.