new year

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 08:40:26 EST 2015

Michael,
It's not a problem for me with Gnucash - I was just explaining why for
me the 'close the books' function works!  I use the 'close the books'
tool, have an equity account named 'taxed profits' to move the balance
into.  Then I immediately take the tax from there to the 'corporation
tax' liability account until it's due to be paid.  All the dividends are
taken from this equity account, so when it has a positive balance I'm
taking dividends out of already taxed earnings, and when it is a
negative amount I'm dealing with this year's earnings and know I need to
allow for tax.
Katie