reporting, again aka python for people (was: History Quotes)

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:53:46 EST 2015

On Sunday, November 15, 2015, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Ugly indeed and pointless as well. We’re not going to change our policy
that the only supported way to modify the GnuCash database, whether SQL or
XML, is through the GnuCash API and using that API gives the external
program the ability to read and write either XML or SQL.

Given this policy and the long term target to move to an SQL based storage,
would it make sense to drop the XML support from GnuCash ? Or is there some
benefits from keeping it (easier manual inspection of data ? Backward
compatibility ? ...).