Transfer of ETF shares

blah mikaelheidrich at gmx.com
Tue Nov 17 12:51:08 EST 2015

I use a method to exchange etf that are co-listed on two exchanges with
different currencies. Specifically, I buy DLR.TO on the TSX in CAD and have
my brokerage "journal" them to DLR-U which is in USD and then sell them
thereby acquiring USD. I can't for the life of my figure out how to do this
in GNUCASH. Does anyone have some input on how I can set this up in GNUCASH?

this is the account hierarchy
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4681569/11.png>

the 16575.00 CAD in DLR.TO has been "journalled" to DLR.U.TO which is in
USD. My brokerage indicates that I now have 1250 shares of DLR.U.TO @ 9.92
usd per share. I have tried the transfer fund dialogue, that didn't do it. I
have tried to simply buy 1250 shares in the DLR.U.TO @9.92 and have the
split indicate it comes from the the DLR.TO account and that didn't work
either. There must be a way to simply transfer 1250 share CAD into 1250
shares USD but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any guidance will be
greatly appreciated. I've been using Gnucash for a few months now and have
managed to find all my other answers by searching, this one eludes me.

Thank you,
Mikael