Fwd: GNU Cash Query

Wm... tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 16:16:49 EST 2015

Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:11:09
<CACm7B=3Jsg2Ez=6aSzpQ1c-7-8Qus8znP+rRkfUhg69WhCaJkg at mail.gmail.com>
Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote...

>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>From: John Kenna <johnk68 at gmail.com>
>Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM
>Subject: GNU Cash Query
>To: alex.

Bad manners.  Use the list, not a person.

>I have just downloaded your GNU cash software and am looking for some help
>if possible
>
>I have been using a software called Money Manager EX for our sports and
>social club finances, but have been having problems with the software so
>have decided to change to a GNU Cash. Is there a way of importing the
>databases from Money Manager EX, I have tried using CSV but it just keeps
>saying there is a problem with the date format or something else. Is there
>anything else I can try?

How much data do you have in MMEx and what were you using before?
That'll help us decide.  I've played with MMEx but it is likely you've
got more data out than in and it may not be double entry.

MMEx prides itself on not doing accounting properly and sells that :)
[1]

If you got your data *into* MMEx we'll almost certainly be able to help,
but you're going to have to say a bit more about it.  Getting it out of
MMEx may or may not be worth the trouble, it'll depend on how many
transactions you've made and how messed up they are now they've been
through the MMEx "cleanser".

[1] I like the MMEx people but accounting-software-not-are-they, I like
their reporting model a lot and look at their forums, etc occasionally;
the basic problem is they don't do accounting, in their favour they
don't claim to.  Nice graphs of Russian dolls from accounts and similar
if anyone is interested.

--
Wm...