Saving work

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 03:22:49 EST 2015

On 27 November 2015 at 01:55, James Fuller <james at plateautel.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been watching the discussions about naming and saving.  I have a question regarding "save as".  If during a session I initiate a save as, using a different path than the usual path, does that become the path that is used the next time that Gnucash is opened?

Yes, if you do Save As then the new file becomes the 'most recent'
file and therefore it will be the one re-opened if you shut down GC
and restart.  If you want to go back to the original then, after the
Save As click File and you should see the previous one at the top (I
think, or maybe the new one is at the top, not sure) of the Recent
Files list.  When doing Save As I always give the file a different
name so that they are clearly identifiable in the recent files list.
If in any doubt the use File > Open and browse to the original.  In
these respects GC is very similar in behaviour to other apps such as
MS Word.  Though other apps don't necessarily provide the convenience
of re-opening the last used file on restart.

Colin