Restore backup

Chuck Vaughan peopleskills at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 30 10:36:31 EST 2015

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 (upgrade from Win 7). The clean
install was  intended to get rid of some persistent problems but has created
a lot more. I did a flash drive of documents so I could reload my old data
into the new system. I also had Geek squad do a backup when they did the new
install just to be sure. Neither one seemed to save GC files. I have
Carbonite and that restore lists a (set of books).gnucash file that should
have what I need to restore my files. I have tried everything I could find
in the Gnucash help and user threads. Brfore GC, I used Money Counts until
Intuit bought them out and killed it. I like Gnucash because it is very
similar. With Money Counts, when I wanted to resore, I just had to set up a
set of books with the name I used before and then I could restore the data.
I have tried that but not had any luck. I hope someone can give me a hint.
I'm not really a computer whiz.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck