Lost all of my accounts??

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:13:30 EDT 2015

On 10/2/2015 6:57 AM, Ruth Lewis wrote:
> Hi David, After spending three hours on Windows PC in GnuCash version
> 2.2.9 (r17949M) built 2009-02-23,this AM, with
> dumb luck I somehow found my "Medical 2015" report.  Now what I'd like
> to do is print the entire report with
> each entry from 01/01/2015 through 09/30/15.  I clicked on "print" on
> account transactions and thought the
> entire report would print but it only gave me the dollar balance of
> the report.
> Is there a way I can print the report showing each transaction entered
> from the first of the year through September?
> I hope so and thank you for your help.  Sincerely, Ruth Lewis

Ruth,

First, somehow your last reply did not get to the list, so I have
forwarded it for you.

Second, I notice that you are using a fairly old version of GnuCash, so
the suggestion I will give you may or may not work in that version.
Perhaps a developer or another long time user can verify.

If you are on a rather old computer you may not want to update GnuCash
until you get a new computer because it may run very slow.  If you are
using Windows XP or Windows Vista, you probably want to stay with your
current version of GnuCash.  If you have a computer built after 2012 it
is probably fast enough to run release 2.5.7 of GnuCash for Windows.  Do
not under any circumstance upgrade to release 2.6.8 for Windows, it has
a serious bug.

Now, to get the report that you want, first open the account that you
want to print, then open View > Filter by and select the date range you
want.
Then select Reports > Account Report.  Then you may want to choose
Options > Display if you want to see some more report variations.  This
should print all the transactions for the selected date range.

David C