Window 10

Laurence Nagel lwn-lists at omega-enterprises.net
Wed Oct 7 15:07:57 EDT 2015

Robyn:

I've had a quite different experience with Windows 10 than most people
on this list.  I upgraded all five of my Windows 7 machines to Windows
10 over the time period of 29 Jul 2015 to 15 Aug 2015. I'm not usually
an early adopter, but this time I decided to take the plunge.  I
experienced minimal difficulty, and the only unsolved problem is that my
12 year old HP all-in-one mysteriously refuses to scan documents
anymore.  All of my other software and hardware survived the upgrade
with no problems.  To answer your question, GnuCash moved to Windows 10
flawlessly and I have experienced no problems.

In my opinion, Windows 10 is better that Windows 7 in almost every way
and is worthy of your upgrade.  I have no experience with Windows 8, but
my friends tell me that Windows 10 is far superior to Windows 8.The
exception that comes to mind is that you are now required to take
Windows updates when they come, rather than on your schedule.  I'm
confident that the few little annoyances that are present will be worked
out over time.  Full disclosure:  I'm more of a Linux guy than a Windows
guy, I own no interest in Microsoft nor any or its subsidiaries, and use
of any version of Windows is dictated by the business reality that my
customers use Windows and expect me to do the same.

Larry
---*
Laurence Nagel*
*Omega Enterprises Consulting*