Fwd: Re: Receivable Ageing report options?

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 18:17:51 EDT 2015

Thank you for your response Wm... The version of gnc I'm using is 2.6.1.
Perhaps I didn't explain what I wanted clearly enough. I can indeed go
from the total to the 'customer report' (statement of account), where
there is a breakdown by invoice, and I can edit the date on the customer
report to get the amount outstanding from that customer at the year end
(although the ageing summary at the bottom is then incorrect, as that
still reports on today). The issue is that at the year end there were
outstanding invoices from other customers which have now been paid, but
the receivable ageing report only includes the customers with invoices
currently outstanding, rather than showing the position on the date
requested. So it would have worked if I had run it literally at the year
end, but I cannot use it retrospectively. Whilst I could manually
collate the customer reports for all our customers, that would take more
work than just typing out the outstanding invoices at the year end... It
may be that the receivable ageing report was not intended for anything
other than showing the current position? Please do let me know if
updating will solve this, or whether there is a completely different
report which would be more suitable for the information requested.
Thanks again, Katie