Wrong password entered, you're punished!

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:00:27 EDT 2015

I'm using the latest version of GnuCash with Windows 10, and this particular
"issue" has existed in previous versions of both GnuCash and Windows, it's
just that it just happened to me again (frustrating), which prompted me to
post (vent?)...

I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card setup to download transactions, and
it works GREAT.  Very happy.  I also, as I do my other accounts, have it set
up so I have to enter the account password.

Only with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, no other account, if I make a
rare error and enter the wrong password, not only will transactions, current
balance NOT be downloaded, but it will never give me an opportunity again to
enter the corrected password (even if I restart the program over and over).
I realize this is probably overkill, but the only way I can get it to reset,
is to delete all of the .* files (.gconf, .gconfd, etc) and reinstall my
backup versions of them...

I've become somewhat paranoid about carefully entering the password on this
one account, which I guess is one way to get my attention...