QFX imports for Investment accounts

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:17:55 EDT 2015

I've gotten this to work creating a QIF using the CALC2QIF macro and GC
... 2.6.8 I think it is. During
the import, I tell GC to use the parent of all my stock accounts (i.e.
Asset:Investment:Stock  not ..:Stock:IBM)
and it finds the sub accounts properly. ....
I wonder if it's the ... what is it? Baysian matching business of
accounts that's confused. I think I saw
this once but it went away or something.

You give the importer: "What account? You say
Assets---Investments---Brokerage Accounts---Stocks------
   "MY BROKERAGE COMPANY NAME"?

And it creates (top level) Brokerage Accounts:GBM ? not
Investments---Brokerage Accounts---Stocks------   "MY BROKERAGE COMPANY
NAME":GBM?

If you could document step by step with me, we could compare notes. I
have a few trades to do now anyway...

Like Dave said, I thought of when you delete accounts with transactions,
... the dialog to say "Do you
want to move them somewhere before deleting?" Which would at least help
a bit.

I'm getting happier using GC with CALC2QIF importing working, saving a
lot of typing but it was a B****
getting it figured out. Sometimes... IDK. Free software has an
alternative price to money.

Allan