Reconcile Mutual Fund and Subaccounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 12:21:17 EDT 2015

David C.,

Your message confirms my suspicion.

Reconciling a mutual fund to its dollar value isn't particularly useful for me. I consider reconciling the share balance useful, though.

Thanks,

David

From:"David Carlson" <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
Date:Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Subject:Re: Reconcile Mutual Fund and Subaccounts

David T.,

Search the "Rounding in the Price DB" thread in the developer maillist for 'Reconcile' and read John Ralls' August 19 comment.  (I don't know how to generate a link into the middle of a thread in GMail.)

He points out that each sub-account would need to be reconciled in it's own currency, which, for securities, is the underlying stock.  The reconcile code does not currently support mixed currencies.

Since we expect to view the value of each security in the currency of the brokerage account, that means finding the price for each security on the reconcile date, and probably following the general form that brokerage statements use with a separate section to show values as of the reconcile date.

David C