Basic information screen

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Oct 25 12:02:13 EDT 2015

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 8:40 AM, Neil & Foo Charlton <curlyfoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi. I have used Gnucash for several years but of late when I enter expenditures a screen appears called basic information. this doesn’t occur every transaction but I don’t want it to occur at all. How do I disable it please? Thanks

That’s the Transfer Dialog, and it’s there to enter an exchange rate/price when you create a transaction between accounts denominated in different commodities or currencies. If the transactions are indeed simple expenses between say your checking account and an expense account then you’ve managed to create one or the other (probably the expense account or it would happen most of the time) in a foreign currency. You can fix that by editing the account causing the problem and changing the commodity to your local currency.

Regards,
John Ralls