Basic information screen

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Oct 25 15:51:11 EDT 2015

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Curlyfoo <curlyfoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Aha.  Yes, most of my accounts are in NZ $, but the account I'm having problems with is my UK account which is in £. This has always been the case but the screen has only been coming up recently. How can I stop it? Thanks for info.

If the screen *doesn’t* come up, it’s a bug. It’s supposed to.

In order to balance a multi-currency transaction you need to enter either the exchange rate or the amount in the transaction currency for the “foreign” split, where the transaction currency and which split is “foreign” depend upon which account’s register your creating the transaction in. The Transfer Dialog comes up to collect this information.

That said, do you really need to track this account in GBP? For example if its to record purchases from a UK company but you pay by credit card and the CC company takes care of the currency exchange for you then you can just use their number in NZD and ignore that the UK company is billing you in GBP.

Regards,
John Ralls