Basic information screen

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Oct 26 14:47:16 EDT 2015

On Monday 26 October 2015 17:36:43 Curlyfoo wrote:
> Thanks John. I am now officially overloaded with geek speak 😳😨 meant
> in the nicest possible way. I think I will just have to live with it
> 😊. I suspect this forum is not for us beginners. Thanks for trying.

Ok, let's try another approach:

You say your GBP account only has £'s in and £'s out. That doesn't make sense in GnuCash.
When £'s leave your GBP account, they are transferred to another account (one of your
expense accounts no doubt). That's the basis of double entry accounting gnucash is built upon.

So that other account, where you "send" the £'s to (the one you enter in the transfer column in
the GBP account register), in what currency is that denominated ? Is that also in £ or is that in
NZ $ ? If the latter, gnucash will have to ask you for an exchange rate.

Regards,

Geert