Reconciliation error - need to mark two transactions as reconciled

Randy Orrison randy.orrison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 04:23:48 EDT 2015

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your thoughts, however..

There aren't any duplicate transactions - I've looked thoroughly.  If there
were, they would have to be within the period of the statement those
transactions are on in order for the statement to have reconciled, and
there are only

 If there were duplicates, then the balance on the account would be wrong,
but it is correct with those two transactions included.

For the same reason, I can't delete them, because that would leave the
balance in the account wrong.

Also the other half of the split is another bank account, which has been
reconciled.  There are no extra transactions in that account.

Ha!  I found it... I wanted to be double sure before posting, so have
looked through all the transactions on that statement again.  There wasn't
a duplicate deposit, but I had missed out a withdrawal that matched the
deposits.

All sorted now, thanks again.

Randy