Bank account balance incorrect after import from Quicken

Tom Allred tallred7 at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 04:46:24 EDT 2015

Pretty close!  Apparently during the import process an offsetting/reversing
transaction was automatically created by gnucash for the opening balance
entry.  The Reconcile column was "n" for this entry.  I figured if I just
deleted that entry then all would be well but I was wrong.  I got a warning
that the entry was part of a split reconciled transaction.  When I deleted
it anyway it also deleted the actual opening balance reconciled entry which
left me with the same incorrect current balance.  I created a new Opening
Balance transaction which I offset to a dummy account and that made the
current balance correct.  It won't let me mark it as Reconciled so I don't
know what that means for down the road.  I'm assuming gnucash also made
automatic offsetting opening balance transactions for all my accounts but I
haven't checked yet.  Leaves me concerned for what other gotchas gnucash
might have left lurking in the accounts that are going to mess me up later.
Thanks,
Tom

  _____