Bank account balance incorrect after import from Quicken

Tom Allred tallred7 at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 2 22:03:41 EDT 2015

Okay, I'm out.  Repeating the circumstances over and over and still getting
speculation as what actions on my part created this situation are just not
useful.  There was no place in the automated import process for me to
intervene, enter balances, approve specific transactions, etc.  I got the
same result whether I created the database complete from scratch with the
import or whether I created a shell new database with no amounts or balances
entered.  I started the import, it ran, I checked the results and gnucash
had COMPLETELY ON IT'S OWN created the reversing opening balance transaction
which, as I've ALREADY said, was exactly the same (same date, same
descriptor, same balancing account, same amount) except that it was a
withdrawal instead of a deposit.  I'd delete the transaction and any others
like it, hope it doesn't mess up any reconciliations, and if gnucash decides
to make any future "helpful" transactions on it's own I'll just trash it and
more on to something that handles accounting in a more traditional way.
Peace out,
Tom