Bank account balance incorrect after import from Quicken

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 10:21:26 EDT 2015

Liz,

There is a discussion on the devel list about creating a chapter specifically for importing data, with an initial start: http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2015-August/038947.html

As I am the one that put the initial text together, I will note that I only use a limited number of import facilities, in a specific way—to wit, I primarily download OFX files and import them into GnuCash from there. Occasionally, I will use QIF. I know absolutely nothing about the other formats. I do not use online banking, and I don’t torture myself with csv.

This all is to say that if this chapter is going to get written, I will need some people who actually use these other various methods to write me up a description of the process in some detail in order for the chapter to move forward. Whatever I get will help; people who provide me with specific sticking points in their experience will earn bonus karma points, since if you had problems, chances are someone else will, too.

David T.