gnucash won't start libgnc-gnome.so.0 No such file

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sun Sep 6 12:28:47 EDT 2015

On 9/6/2015 11:04 AM, Ron Schnatzmeyer wrote:
> Thank you.
> /usr/local/lib was in there. After I ran 'sudo ldconfig' it will start.
>
> However:
> I have to run 'sudo gnucash' for it to start. Is this normal?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
That means you have a "permissions" problem, need supervisor rights to
override permissions. Something isn't set with permission for you to
access it when logged in as an ordinary user.

In a 'nix operating system, easy to fix once you have identified what
component has too limited access rights. Logged in with supervisor
rights, you can change permissions. Although we may be using them on
personal machines, the 'nix operating systems assume that there might be
multiple users.

Michael