gnucash won't start libgnc-gnome.so.0 No such file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 7 00:15:06 EDT 2015

> On Sep 6, 2015, at 8:04 AM, Ron Schnatzmeyer <NoSoy1 at charter.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you.
> /usr/local/lib was in there. After I ran 'sudo ldconfig' it will start.
>
> However:
> I have to run 'sudo gnucash' for it to start. Is this normal?

Sort of, sometimes. /usr/local is often owned by root, and permissions are sometimes set restrictively by default (look at the bash manpage and search on umask for details). You can probably fix it with
  sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/gnucash
though that does depend on the libraries having reasonable permissions.

Regards,
John Ralls