gnucash won't start libgnc-gnome.so.0 No such file

Ron Schnatzmeyer NoSoy1 at charter.net
Mon Sep 7 14:40:29 EDT 2015

Alright. I figured out how I messed up so that it required sudo to start.
When I issued the build commands I issued "sudo ./configure" and "sudo
make". I should have not used sudo on those commands but only "sudo make
install"
I un-installed and started over from scratch.
It now starts correctly by simply typing "gnucash" at the command
prompt. (I still needed to ldconfig however).

Anyway, all is running well now. And I thank you for the helpful responses.

Ron