gnucash won't start libgnc-gnome.so.0 No such file

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Tue Sep 8 08:31:49 EDT 2015

> Should install with correct permissions
> Should be confirmed. If so then there is a bug in a makefile

Misunderstanding the (normal) behavior of the 'nix operating systems
(and many others). How you are logged in when you do things affects
WHERE things get placed. Each user (log in) has a separate data area.
That includes the "super user" (administrator). If you have put
something into the super user's data area, the normal default
permissions won't allow another user to access it.

Whether a user is allowed to access something in another user's data
area depends on the permissions assigned to that something. Unlike with
say a Windows operating system, in a 'nix you can change that permission
to "allow" (for just that something). While I don't use Macs, I believe
that's really some sort of BSD Unix under the hood, so possibly if
working at the command line could "fix" permissions there too.

Michael