Error in Installing Online Price Retrieval

life0riley life0s_50 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 11:27:20 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, September 09, 2015 06:55:17 AM John Ralls wrote:
> > On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:24 AM, T Yeoh <tyeleyt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > The last successful command is "Run gnc-fq-check"The following message
> > appeared when running "gnc-fq-helper" "Can't locate Date:/Manip.pm in
> > @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip module) (@INC contains:
> > C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at gnc-fq-helper line 33.BEGIN
> > failed--compilation aborted at gnc-fq-helper line 33" Appreciate if
> > someone can enlighten how to install the Date::Manip moduleThank you
> Find the CPAN Shell start menu item. Depending on your Windows version it
> may or may not be grouped in a Strawberry folder. Run it, and at the prompt
> say install Date::Manip
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I had the same error in Windows 7.
Can't locate Date/Manip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip
module) (@INC contains: C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib
C:/strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/strawberry/perl/lib .) at gnc-fq-helper line
33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gnc-fq-helper line 33.

I did this to resolve it.

You can install the Date-Manip module in Windows 7 this way.
Open the Windows command prompt
Type “ppm” without the quotes and press enter
C:\Users\life0riley>ppm

Type “search Date” without the quotes and press enter
PPM> search Date

You should see Date-Manip as an available package
Type “install Date-Manip” without the quotes and press enter

Type exit to close the exit the PPM utility.

Re-run the Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash
You should now get the message that says installation succeeded.

I used this as a guide to install the Date::Manip module.
http://perl.find-info.ru/perl/030/app01lev1sec2.html

Regards,
life0riley