Using MySQL with GnuCash

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:32:30 EDT 2015

On 14 September 2015 at 20:27, Hossain <contacthossain at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried but failed. I use WAMP server for MySQL. Do I have to install (WAMP)
> it in both PC to
> connect to a remote Mysql server? In my MySQL main server PC , I made a user
> for GNUCash
> and grant it all privileges from ANYHOST. After I installed GNUCash in
> remote PC, I tried to
> connect to remote MySQL server by using the IP address of the MySQL server's
> PC AS HOST
> and "gnucash" as Datbase name, username that I created above and password.
> But It shows an error

You don't need WAMP, just the mysql server on the server machine, you
don't need anything special on the client machine except possibly
something like the mysql command line client (see below).

Before trying to get gnucash going check using the mysql command line
(or similar) on the client that you can connect to mysql on the
server.  Until you get that going this is not a gnucash issue but a
mysql issue.

Colin