Using MySQL with GnuCash

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:51:19 EDT 2015

On 14 September 2015 at 20:47, Hossain <contacthossain at gmail.com> wrote:
> IS there any work around ? what if I use the option "create a new file"
> offered above.
> What does it do ? IS there any way I can do this ?

You cannot edit data in one database by two instances of gnucash at
the same time, the software does not cope with that and you will get
data corruption.

You can have two separate databases open at the same time just as you
can have two separate xml files open.

What exactly is it that you want to do?

Colin