Can't adjust width of last column

Ed Fields ed at efields.com
Tue Sep 15 12:57:56 EDT 2015

Shouldn't dragging left the vertical line of any column, cause the width of
the last column (Balance) to grow?

My 8 column transaction screen has a very narrow balance column and try as
I might, I cannot get it to display the full number field.  the left digit
is not viewable, so value            123,456.78 displays as 23,456.78

I have narrowed all other columns by dragging their trailing vertical line
left.
The 'description' column width can be dragged left to a point but not
enough to leave any white space on the right side of the form.  Very
careful mouse position on right side of the name field for the Balance
column can sometimes cause the drag arrow to appear, but dragging in the
right direction has no effect.

What should I do to view the entire contents of the Balance column cell?

thanks for your time,
ed