Password protection of GnuCash data file

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 03:20:03 EDT 2015

On 16 September 2015 at 23:44, David Carlson
<david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/16/2015 3:25 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>> On 16 September 2015 at 20:36, David Carlson
>> <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For example a password protected
>>> home Wi-Fi router can be hacked from the street in a matter of minutes
>> I don't believe that is true assuming one is using WPA2 and a good password.
>>
>> Colin
>> .
>>
> If you go to youtube and search for cracking wireless routers using
> wpa2,  there are several videos claiming that it can be done in seconds
> with a poor password, maybe an hour or two if it has a very good
> password.

Obviously with a poor password it is correct that it can be broken by
a brute force dictionary attack.  With a good password I believe this
is not the case.  Can you provide an authoritative links indicating
otherwise?  It may come as a surprise to you but my belief is that not
everything on youtube should be taken at face value.

Colin