Can't adjust width of last column

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:31:44 EDT 2015

I personally have considered another 'solution' to this problem that is
anything but practical for most users, and that is to acquire a high
resolution monitor with at least 1024 or more pixels horizontal
resolution.  On my desk I have 1600 x 1200 resolution and even there I wish
that I had more resolution.  My eyes require at least 70 Hz refresh rate to
hide flicker, too.

I like verbose descriptions and lengthy account names, so there is
generally a lot of text that simply is not on the screen for me, so I
empathize strongly about this issue.  I do structure my descriptions to
have the most important words on the left and account names to have the
keywords more to the right, but that only goes so far.  For account names
the most important word is always on the far left by the design of the
account tree.  There I assign colors to help.

There is one other thing that may help some users.  I think that for some
reason GnuCash defaults to a rather large font so the text is much larger
than the text on the desktop or in some other applications.  If I recall,
there is a user setting somewhere for font size which is hard to find and
works somewhat oddly so that I did not play with it much in my machines,
but it may help other users to know about it.

David C