Why are my VAT accounts

andy contact at acorncoopsupport.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 04:23:31 EDT 2015

Hi John,

thanks you were correct in your understanding and yes they have migrated
from Asset and Liability to Expense in the top level instance.

I would like to suggest (though don't know how to do it) that this is a
bug that is fixed as a lot of my clients use GNUcash and I've spent a
long time teaching them about how to use it for VAT. Most of them don't
understand bookkeeping and it was a a struggle to get them to here.
However if the account hierarchy changes on an upgrade that will really
throw them. I noticed when preparing the end of year reports and could
just remove the VAT from the profit and loss report and add it to the
balance sheet, but they won't know how to do that.

cheers

andy

--

*Andrew Woodcock*

Director: Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
*phone:* 01524 572 771
*mob:* 07752 593 445
www.acorncoopsupport.org.uk
www.culture.coop