How to Modify gnuCash Reports

Wm... tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 16:17:16 EDT 2015

Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:43:36
<b214fb116feaa4d5e4225b0d96cc7e5f057fcc0b at mail.iinet.net.au>
Michele Hemmings t/a Exclusively Strata <exclusivelystrata at iinet.net.au>
wrote...

>Many thanks Chris for the quick response.
>The big issue I have is the format of the Income Statement (Profit and
>Loss).
>- Set headings of Revenue and Expense (black bold font) can't be
>changed- All items of ' Income' are reported under Revenue yet the
>business may have 'normal operations' and 'extraordinary operations' -
it is required by accounting Standards that the latter are separately
reported from the former so that (say) Rental from hiring out the
laundry basement owned by a Shoe Retailer is not mixed up with the
normal operations.  alternatively, the entity has two Profit Centres
that it wants to report for and can't with all Income items grouped
together and all Expenses grouped together.

You can leave them out all together if you want see Options / Display
and have multiple top level Income and Expense hierarchies.

e.g.
name    type

Sales   Income
 Hats
 Dogs

Other   Income
 Betting
 Bird watching

etc

Other than that the reports can easily be edited in your favourite tool
for cosmetic niceties as ChrisG suggests.

--
Wm...