Moving transactions retrospectively

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 2 20:19:50 EDT 2016

> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 21:57:26 +0100
> From: Adam <gnucash at snowstone.org.uk>
> To: GNU Cash User <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Moving transactions retrospectively
>
> Hello,
>
> I've got some business accounts set up & have some income assigned to an
> income account from marking invoices as paid. I'd now like to split the
> recorded entries into two sets, under two different income accounts. Is
this
> possible?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Adam

Hi Adam,

I believe if you are only splitting the income split into 2 income splits,
that this will not cause any problems.
I suggest doing this change from the income account register, rather than
the Accounts Receivable account register.

You may have set up GnuCash so that you cannot edit old transactions. If so,
go into
File, Properties, Accounts and change Day Threshold for Read-Only
transactions to zero while you modify the old transactions.

Regards, Chris Good