Urgent:Issue with dates

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 00:24:33 EDT 2016

Like others have said, it sounds like a hardware issue.I recently cleaned up a friends computer with a grossly-off system date due to the Li cell being dead after 5 or 6 years since she had bought the computer. The anti-malware software would not run because security protocols required the correct time. I measured the Li cell at about 0.30 V when a new one reads about 3 V. I replaced the CR2032 cell, reset the BIOS to factory default parameters, set the time and date, finished cleaning up the machine and upgraded it to Windows 10 from Windows 7.
I.e., If you suspect the BIOS battery is weak, you could just replace it, set the time and see what happens.
BTW, I'm running GC 2.6.12 under Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) and Windows 10 with no problems (both use the same MySQL server on the Linux machine - I just don't run them at the same time to maintain data integrity).

- Art