Moving transactions retrospectively

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Aug 3 04:28:45 EDT 2016

On Tuesday 02 August 2016 21:57:26 Adam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got some business accounts set up & have some income assigned to
> an income account from marking invoices as paid. I'd now like to
> split the recorded entries into two sets, under two different income
> accounts. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Adam

I don't understand exactly you are trying to achieve.

As you say you have set up business accounts and talk about marking invoices as paid I'll
assume you are using the business features in gnucash.

I'll also assume the entries you refer to are the entries on your invoice. If you want to alter
these entries you have to first unpost your invoice, edit the entries to suit your preferences and
then repost it. Note that unposting and reposting will break the link between your invoice and
its payment. You can restore this using the payment window (by selecting both the invoice and
the payment in there setting the remainder amount to 0), or by using "Assign as payment" on
the payment transaction.

If this is not what you meant, please provide more detail on what you want to achieve exactly.

Regards,

Geert