Moving transactions retrospectively

Adam Richardson adam at snowstone.org.uk
Sun Aug 7 16:55:49 EDT 2016

On 03/08/2016 22:26, Adam wrote:
> On 03/08/2016 01:19, Chris Good wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got some business accounts set up & have some income assigned
>>> to an
>>> income account from marking invoices as paid. I'd now like to split the
>>> recorded entries into two sets, under two different income accounts. Is
>>> this possible?
>>>
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I believe if you are only splitting the income split into 2 income
>> splits,
>> that this will not cause any problems.
> I actually mean to move the entry to another income account. I don't
> want to split it into two parts.

OK, on reflection, I think I understand - I could use the split as the
mechanism of moving the transaction, so it ends up 100% in the new
account. The trouble is GNUCash won't let me mess with the split without
unposting the invoice and I think when I do that it messes up the
invoice payment records.

Adam