there was an error parsing the file

Kevin Hale Boyes kcboyes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:20:11 EDT 2016

I'm getting the above error in a dialog box when I try to open my gnucash
file.
I'm on a mac and I start Gnucash using the Spotlight Search.
I've got 2.6.11 installed.

I've got a working backup so I'm not worried about that but I'd like to
figure out what's wrong with my current file.

I was looking for the trace file but can't find it in /tmp or /var.

Using ps I can see gnucash is running as:
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash-bin --debug

So, I'm hoping someone can help me find the trace file.

Thanks,
Kevin