auto fill of account in Transfer column of ledger

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Wed Aug 10 15:17:09 EDT 2016

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-June/020763.html
Derek didn't mention bug nr. Guess I saw a similar problem he mentioned on
the forum, not bugzilla.

The problem mentioned on the forum was about autofill in the description or
memo fields, I think. I am having a fit with autocompletion running against
account names in the account column on a ledger, labeled "Transfer". But it
is a similar issue. When I am updating a transaction that has been
imported, for example, the transfer account may show as

3 Equity:Imbalance-USD

and I want to enter something like

5 Expenses:Groceries

If I tab into the account name column and start to type "5:gr", then
sometimes I get something that looks like the following

5:gr Expenses:Amazon

and autocompletion stops and my typing is just added to the field -
yielding a name that is not an account. If I try to tab out of that gnc
asks if I'd like to create an account called "5:gr Expenses:Amazon".
(Sometimes it enters something like "5:Grroceries", having inserted a
matching "r" into the searched text. So the odd behavior is not entirely
consistent; sometimes it still works correctly.

Keith